Thursday 8 September 2016

Sarcasm

Sarcasm: the last refuge of modest and chaste-souled people when the privacy of their soul is coarsely and intrusively invaded. - Fyodor Dostoevsky

Ah, Judge Miller. Your reputation precedes you. I would say it’s a pleasure but my mother taught me never to lie. - Nolan

Ah yes, the Hamptons. If you don’t pretend to forgive everyone that you hate, you never get invited everywhere. - Nolan

And she’s got brains enough for two, which is the exact quantity the girl who marries you will need. - P.G. Wodehouse

Blows are sarcasms turned stupid. - George Eliot

He had just about enough intelligence to open his mouth when he wanted to eat, but certainly no more. - P.G. Wodehouse

My husband and I have never considered divorce… murder sometimes, but never divorce. - Joyce Brothers

Now there’s a man with an open mind – you can feel the breeze from here! - Groucho Marx

Sarcasm helps me overcome the harshness of the reality we live, eases the pain of scars and makes people smile. - Mahmoud Darwish

The man is as useless as nipples on a breastplate. - George R.R. Martin

No comments: