Sunday 5 February 2017

Death

Death doesn't take her eyes off us for a minute, so much so that even those who are not yet due to die feel her gaze pursuing them constantly. - Jose Saramago

Death ends at last the fear of it. - Edward Counsel

Death was the only kept promise out of all life's false starts and switchbacks, all there was at the end of the dusty road. - William Gay

Everything that has a beginning has an end. - The Oracle

Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal. - Benjamin Franklin

I don't mean to imply that I'm afraid of Death. I'm just not ready to go out on a date with him. - Dean Koontz

I said to Life, I would hear Death speak. And Life raised her voice a little higher and said, you hear him now. - Kahlil Gibran

It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more. - J. k. Rowling

It's death, that's what I'm suffering from. The systematic encroachment of the big D. - John Le Carre

Let us endeavour so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry. - Mark Twain

Shun death, is my advice. - Robert Browning

Some men are like oak leaves – they don't know when they're dead, but still hang right on; and there are others who let go before anything has really touched them. - George Horace Lorimer

More on Death

No comments: