Tuesday 27 November 2012

Fantasy - Quotes

All you ever were was a little bit of the universe, thinking to itself. Very specific; this bit, here, right now. All the rest was fantasy. - Iain M. Banks

Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It’s a way of understanding it. - Lloyd Alexander

Fantasy is the only canvas large enough for me to paint on. - Terry Brooks

If you are going to write, say, fantasy – stop reading fantasy. You’ve already read too much. Read other things; read westerns, read history, read anything that seems interesting, because if you only read fantasy and then you start to write fantasy, all you’re going to do is recycle the same old stuff and move it around a bit. - Terry Pratchett

The problem with fantasy is the greatest benefit of fantasy: it prevents us from living in the present moment. - Geneen Roth

We don’t create a fantasy world to escape reality. We create it to be able to stay. - Lynda Barry

When I examine myself and my methods of thought I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. - Albert Einstein

You always start with a fantasy. Part of the fantasy technique is to visualize something as perfect. Then with the experiments you work back from the fantasy to reality, hacking away at the components. - Edwin H. Land

No comments: